FFGA Membership Registration
Community Garden Program
Food Farm Gardens Association holds office at Vicky’s Keys Volunteer Centre
The Keys road 2 – 8, lane 3, Sucker Garden
Phone (+1 721) 586 84 35/ +1721 543 90 43
Contact: click here
It is mandatory to pay ANG 72,- / US$ 40.- membership fee for this registration as a candidate next in line for an allotment. Fee for half a year after beginning July 1 or later is ANG 36,- or US$ 20.00. This amount includes administration costs. After that, you only pay the annual contribution as an aspirant, for as long you did not get an allotment appointed to you.
After an allotment is allocated to you you will then pay for the allotment rental. More is explained in Allotment Terms & Conditions.
- The FFGA appointed garden manager is the highest governing authority at the Community Garden.
- Breaking any rules, terms, and conditions is cause for exclusion from the garden and loss of your plot.
- You will receive one verbal warning from the garden manager.
- If no response or correction has been made, you will receive written notice two weeks later.
- In another two weeks, if no response or correction has been made, you will receive written final notification that you have forfeited your gardening privileges and plot.
- You will be allowed to reapply for another garden plot only after one year, and only at the discretion of the garden manager.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions for Participation
If accepted as a gardener, I will abide by the following rules, terms, and conditions.
- I use this garden at the sole discretion of FFGA Community Garden. I agree to abide by its policies and practices.
- The fee for the use of the garden is ANG 72,- or US$ 40.00 per plot, per year (January 1 – December 31), due on or before January 1. Fee for half a year after beginning July 1 or later is ANG 36,- or US$ 20.00. There are no refunds.
- Once I have been assigned a plot, I will cultivate and plant it within two weeks. I will garden year round taking hurricane season precautions and measurements into consideration. My plot cannot be left fallow or unused for any period of three weeks or longer, more than one time a year.
- My plot is (…x. ) meter / (….. x ……) feet. I will not expand my plot beyond this measurement or into paths or other plots.
- I will keep all my plants within the limits of my garden plot and will not allow any plants to grow more than 1.80 meter / 6 feet high. I must keep my plot free of weeds, pests and diseases.
- I will keep my plot, paths, and surrounding areas clean and neat.
- I will completely separate my trash into three groups:
- 1) dead plants, leaves, and other green waste plant parts;
- 2) rocks, stones, and asphalt; and
- 3) paper, plastic, cardboard, wood, metal, etc.
- I will put each type of trash only in the areas designated specifically for each. Anything I bring from my home I will take back home. I will not bring household trash and leave it at the (……….) Community Garden.
- I will not plant any illegal plant. I will not smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, use illegal drugs, or gamble in the garden. I will not come to the garden while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. I will not bring weapons or pets or other animals to the garden.
- Guests and visitors, including children, may enter the garden only if I accompany them. They must follow all rules, terms, and conditions stated here. I will supervise my children at all times when they are in the garden. I am solely responsible for the behavior of my guests.
- The garden manager will assign me general garden maintenance tasks each month, and I must complete them by the end of the month that I am assigned them.
- I will water my plot according to water-wise guidelines. (If I use more than the recommended amount of water, I will pay a fee each month to cover the cost of this additional water.
- I will attend the regular (bi-monthly) garden club meetings.
- If workshops are offered, I will attend at least one of each of the following topics:
- soil preparation and maintenance,
- watering the vegetable garden,
- and pest and disease control.
- I will not apply any pesticides in the garden without the approval of the garden manager.
- I will not make duplicate keys of any locks at the garden or give my key or lock combination to another person.
- I will not take food or plants from other gardeners’ plots. I will not take anything from the garden that is not rightfully mine.
- I will respect other gardeners, and I will not use abusive or profane language or discriminate against others.
- I will work to keep the garden a happy, secure, and enjoyable place where all participants can garden and socialize peacefully in a neighborly manner.
- I forfeit my right to sue the owner of the property.
I have read and understand that the first 6 months of a new tenancy is considered a probationary period. I understand the application and accept these rules, terms, and conditions stated above for the participation in the FFGA Community Garden.