Terms and Conditions
Stichting Marlin Yard takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with Stichting Marlin Yard as highly confidential. In addition, Stichting Marlin Yard does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents.
Last Updated Date: 6 July 2022
Acceptance of Terms
Stichting Marlin Yard – foundation (referred to as “us” or “we”) is a Charitable Organization in the Netherlands, registered under chamber nr. 80364470, RSIN 861648006, SBI 85599, TAX-id NL861648006B01, OB 861648006B01. We operate the website www.marlinyard.org (“the Website”). These are the Terms and Conditions which govern the donation payment services provided through the Website. These Terms and Conditions apply separately to each single donation that is made through the Website. The Donations do not form a contract allowing for future or successive transactions to be set up. By confirming on the Website that you wish to make a donation you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for that donation.
The donation services
Stichting Marlin Yard deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with Stichting Marlin Yard, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number only for the purposes of accepting donations to Stichting Marlin Yard.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognised anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in our foundation database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
We will use your donation at our discretion but within our stated charitable objectives of our organization. Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation, your transaction will be processed through our payment services provider, Stripe. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation, you authorize Stripe to request funds from your bank account, credit card provider, debit card provider, or any other appropriate service provider for any other mode of payment.
Unauthorised card use
If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider immediately.
Information from you
Before we can process a donation, you must provide
- your name, contact number, email address and residential address; and
- details of the mode of payment that you wish to use to fund the donation.
We will use this information to process your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided us with the correct information. Your payment details will be collected by our payment provider, Stripe, and your payment data will be collected and processed securely by them. You should make sure that you are aware of Stripe terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your personal data before you make a donation.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of our foundation’s mission, of the way Stichting Marlin Yard intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Donations contributed will be used to meet the cost of relief operations of the organisation. In case of any excess funds at the end of a relief service, the funds are directed towards our core programme.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on our foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities.
- To have access to our foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Stichting Marlin Yard to the donor will be professional.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that our foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of Stichting Marlin Yard, the foundation
- The foundation will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of the foundation.
- No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances, the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
- The foundation will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and will encourage donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisers to assist them in the process of making their donation.
- The foundation will accept donations of cash or publicly traded securities. Gifts of in-kind services will be accepted at the discretion of the foundation.
- Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for the foundation.
- The foundation will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting tax requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by the foundation.
- The foundation will respect the intent of the donor relating to gifts for restricted purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, the foundation will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
- The foundation will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to Stichting Marlin Yard.
Donation refund policy
Please be aware that there’s no federal law that requires non-profits to return donations. And that non-profit organisations are expected to act in the public interest means that regulators may rule that returning a donation harms the public good.
In principle donations aren’t eligible for return. However, Stichting Marlin Yard follows a reliable refund policy to let our donors feel privileged about their association with us. We take utmost care about processing donations as per the mandates signed by our donors in the donor forms, both offline and online. We request you to confirm the amount of donation thoroughly, before donating the same. The amount donated to us shall be utilized completely for carrying out the charitable activities by our organization.
We adhere to the highest ethical standards. To avoid misunderstandings and conflict that could result in a refund request we have described the circumstances under which a donation is eligible for return.
A) In case of an unlikely event of an erroneous deduction or if the donor wants to cancel/deduct the donation, Stichting Marlin Yard will respond within 7 working days from the date of receiving the request from donor. The timely refund of the wrongly deduced amount will depend on type of card used during transaction. We would require a proof of deduction of the donation amount and a written communication for refund from the donor within two days after donation. In such cases if the receipt already has been issued, then the donor needs to return the original receipt at our official address:
Stichting Marlin Yard, Stuifweg 68, 1794HC Oosterend, Netherlands
In the case of tax exemption certificate already issued, refund will not be possible.
We can be contacted for refund request through the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Call: +31 850041137
*International donations will require more working days for refund
B) When the terms of a donation agreement are substantially violated. Meaning if a donor stipulates that money must go directly to hurricane relief and the funds are instead spent on mobile devices for staffers, the charity is legally obligated to return the donation.
C) If a donor pays for a ticket to a fundraising event and the event is cancelled, the money must be returned, no questions asked.
Donation Receipts for availing the tax benefits, shall be provided to the donor, on receipt of BSN/ Social Security Number copy of the donor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about Stichting Marlin Yard as well as conducting fundraising and other operations of Stichting Marlin Yard. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by check, donor data also includes the data visible on the cheque.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide donors the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share donor data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collocation facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organisations that help non-profit organisations with fundraising.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. These Donation Payment Terms and Conditions are governed by Dutch laws and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Alkmaar, Noord-Holland Province courts in the Netherlands.